Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Presenting human evolution according to the Urantia Book

So how does a regular guy like me, who once had a study group for 30 years, and has programmed computers since 1983, create an app showing the races from Andon and Fonta to the present time?

The Virtual Urantia application is not a movie. It's an app that can be used to see stuff in the Urantia book using a 3d gaming and film creating engine for real time graphics. Unreal, the engine, creates 200 games and parts of films and series like Mandolorian. They create the film in real time so it can do it both ways, realistic gaming and film.

Although, I understand 3d automation,  I'm not a graphic designer. But I will make an effort at doing my best.

First, I'm using a very high resolution map of the Earth and I've wrapped it on a sphere. Then, I've created a background of stars in the distance. It needs to be pretty.

I need to show the movement Andon and Fonta in Mesopotamia flowing into the Andonite movements. To the right of these flows on the Earth sphere is a floating slider that shows time from 1,000,000 years ago on the left of the slider and 2020, on the right of this slider.

I tried textures, pictures,  decals, which are like textures but different in application. Morphing meshes which are procedural but have an endpoint. Like, say, a tiger turning into an elephant. The endpoint finishes and has no easy way of continuing on like the races did. Man oh man. I thought this would be easier. 

To understand the following paragraph. I need to explain: a mesh is a 3d object that is built of a bunch of 3d points in space.

At least, I've finally figured out how to show the movement of the races on the globe. Their called procedural splines. That's where you use an object mesh that changes its shape based on a mathematical entity that can be used as a path that the 3d engines uses as a method of sizing, moving and rotate the object based on that spline path. They use it in games to create roads. Except that they create the road at creation time and it doesnt change at game play time. Since its mathematical,  I'll connect the slider to a table of mathematic information that the output of the slider will use to control whether the shape is procedurally changing and moving backward or forward in time.

When the shape reaches its maximum, then I'll stop the procedure and go on to the next animation. Now there is an even more difficult problem.  Can I show the color of the race at that spot that doesn't color the entire path of the object? Or will that be an issue? How do I present the blending of the races from the Andonites, Adamites to the red race in the Americas? Challenges take time.

As the object reshapes, I'll place text showing the personalities and the current date. The time will also show st the slider.

It's a very involved process that has to be programmed in. The good part of it is that I can use it on the movement of Jesus through his journeys.

Ok. Work time.

Pierre Chicoine






No comments:

Post a Comment