Sunday, March 29, 2020

Ready for Anton and Fonta video

Well...... Another hiccup along the saga of how to show the travels of the races across the globe.

Decals didn't work. Morphs didn't work. Splines didn't do the job properly. So after some study yesterday, I found videos on how to control textures on a surface. Well ,so that's how its done.  In a way, I wished I had did the research on how the studios do it first. So textures will work. No doubt. In my work on 3d automation,  I've never dealt with them. Everything was solid objects that changed shape and color. Excepting the work I did on the architectural worlds. That was simple pasting though.

So after a few YouTube videos,  I'm ready to create the materials that will show their travels.

The work consists of using Gimp, Photoshop like drawing app, to layer their travels on the picture I use for planet Earth's sphere.

A layer makes it so that you don't draw on the original picture. The way it'll  work is that I create a series of layers, each representing another a small change and then, when complete, place them into a master texture (picture) as a series of rectangles. Then I will mathematically call out different pieces of this series so that it appears as a flow.

I purchased a Huion Inspiroy Q11K Graphic pen Drawing Tablet to draw it all with. That should make it easier to create these different layers.

Heres a video of the application ready to accept the beginning of the races. 



Pierre





No comments:

Post a Comment