Tuesday, July 28, 2026

16 hours for text translation of Urantia Book

 So I'm currently using Google's translator to translate the english text sentences to french text for the whole book. I've separated the English into sentences already. That took a couple of minutes to take the English text and create the sentences for the whole book and place them into a sqlite database, organized with their paper,  section, subject indexing. Now converting the English sentences to French text will take 16 hours. 

The interesting thing about the Urantia book is that the translations are mostly sentence to sentence but If I was to make this work, I had to do the translations my self so that I could make sure the text would synchronize properly. I can't imagine that the translations will be perfect but at this stage, today's translations come close to being accurate so I'm going to do my own translations.

I have to wait today for another 14 hours before the English text to French text is done. Then I'll start the text to speech conversion of the English and French text to mp3s. 

It'll cost me about 30.00 to do the mp3 translations. Not bad. I believe I'll do the Spanish translation next. Unless someone wants theirs done. There are so many languages and I believe this is the best way. Senteece to sentence. I can manipulate the body of work pretty easily.

 I'm pretty sure I'll be making a separate Javascript program for this so that I can run this off the internet from anywhere. If  they download a  paper, I will have  a problem with running locally. I'm not sure how I'll handle that. I'll deal with that later. Maybe I can use a python program that will  run on any machine. Dont know. T

here is though a way to run a Javascript program locally but I have no idea how to do that. I do use Xampp but that is  a whole level of installation I don't want the user deal with.

Pierre



No comments:

Post a Comment