I'm putting the program that reads the papers in 5 languages for particular personalities of the Urantia book in a paused state. I've temporarily shifted to a more powerful platform that will help me learn languages while listening to the Urantia book.
Soon, you'll be able to read the Urantia book in several languages a sentence at a time as it alternates between the 2 languages chosen.
The program that creates separate sentences of every paper in the Urantia book is working, currently in English and French. The sentences are stored in a sqlite database that holds the actual sentences in text form.
Today, I'm creating the sound files (mp3 based sound) that will be used so that a person can listen to a sentence in one language and then hear that sentence in a different language.
Yeah, those translations aren't perfect but they are good enough for someone to understand the Urantia book and be able to learn a different language at the same time, one sentence at a time. I'm doing this, partly, for my own language learning and giving it to anyone that wants to use it. I need to relearn my french language, which I was raised in till I was 13 in Quebec.
I've been listening to entire sections within papers but that's not good enough. I want to hear both languages by hearing one sentence and then another.
I'm going translate up to 155 languages from the original text of the Urantia book. It'll be a bit costly as I'm using Google's translate and text to speech system.
Anyway, I have a database that has English and French text separated by sentence and synchronized to each other. So time to create singular mp3 files for each sentence. At first, I'll place this on my website, in zip files, then, if traffic gets too large, I'll give the user the capability to download a paper into their own computer.
I lost my little finger ring media controller. No matter, I wasn't ready anyway. If i don't understand a sentence's language, I'll be able to click back on the device and reread the 2 language sentences.
Nothing but fun.
Pierre
No comments:
Post a Comment