The Urantia Book has 50921 sentences in the English language. So I've done about 50921 mp3s for each language, that's over 250,000 mp3s on my website waiting for someone to listen to the Urantia Book and learn a different language at the same time. Pretty nice.
There's French, the main reason I started this project, so I could relearn and practice my native language, and of course, English. Then Swahili, Farsi, done for friends of mine. Lastly, for the fifth language, Spanish, since the Urantia Book is read in the Spanish language all over the world.
You can read some of these languages directly, as they are translated by people who've done the translations. So, what I've done doesn't replace their work as there's is, more accurate as the Google, Claude and ChapGpt translations just aren't as accurate as the human translations.
My friend, who did the Farsi language, is redoing his translation. He finds that all the large translation system, I mentioned above, make mistakes and he listens to all 3 and they help him considerably.
Anyway, there it is. 5 languages, done and ready to be listened to, sentence by sentence, until you understand both languages. I'm probably getting 95% of what is being said in French. So after, I've mastered all the vocabulary of the Urantia Book in French, I'm going to listen to the Spanish version until I understand that.
It's not all wine and roses. I noticed a problem with the Swahili version. On titles that are uppercase, the mp3s spell out the words character by character. So I'll come back later when I do an update to the program, I'll add a routine that runs through the book and retranslates just the titles that have this problem. It's minor for now though, so it can wait. It doesn't stop the user from listening as it only occurs at the start of the paper and only on the title.
On the next version, I'll have the dropdowns change to their language so the form is in their language but for now, I'm going back to my 3d program. Also, I'm over 300.00 for these translations, so I'm going to wait till probably next month where I can absorb the cost and add more tranlations. It's over 50.00 for each translation and mp3 creation, actually, a pretty good deal for the ability to do this.
Pierre
No comments:
Post a Comment