Saturday, August 1, 2026

Making Progress

 I've made a lot of changes. The system can be used to learn a language in English, French, Swahili, Farsi and soon today or tomorrow, Spanish. Next is German, then Portuguese and later, Chinese etc. 

I've added a few things that help  me a lot. Resuming where I left  off, starting randomly somewhere in the book. The Help system is getting pretty good. Visitors can leave their email and name and I hide that list from prying eyes. 

All the languages are spelled out. Instead of fr,  I  show French. I have the title of the papers now able to be selected instead of just paper numbers. You can now select a word and it'll show the 2nd language word. That's not perfectly accurate but it does work properly most of the time. I could of numbered every word and have the translator work through word by word translation but I would have to retranslate everything. Instead of 50.00,  it would be 100.00 for each translation. Maybe later. As of this writing it's pretty accurate.

Also, the translations aren't perfect. A friend of mine, who translated the Farsi translation told me that he is redoing his Farsi translation and is using all 3 translators, Google, Chat Gpt and Claude. He finds imperfections in all but they are very helpful in his current re-translation. Pretty cool.  He agreed, it isn't as significant that it be perfect or as good as a human translator as long as it works as a learning platform. He agrees and thought the program was impressive. Nice. Thanks guy.

Anyway, I think after the Spanish translation is done, I'm going to go back to my automation program, at https://halcreator.com/, for a while.

Pierre

No comments:

Post a Comment