Saturday, August 15, 2026

Arabian Translation and vps

 So by tomorrow or the next day, I'll have the Arabic translation finished.

But... I ran into a big problem. I have 3 websites. Using my 3 websites, I'm limited to 600,000 files. So 51,000 x 12 translations thats 612,000 mp3 files needed to use all of them. 600,000, thats my limit and thats with all my other files from all 3 of my websites. 

So yeah. My limit was reached. How to get around the limitation. Well it happens to be I needed a VPS relay for something else. I forgot why. Anyway, thats an actual (VPS), that stands for virtual private server. That's a full on computer on the net that runs Linux Ubuntu. And it has no limitations to the amount of files I have on it. Its just limited by the memory, which happens to be 50 gigabytes. Since my mp3 sound  files take just above 40 gigabytes, I've got room to play with. 

Now I'll need to set it up to use those mp3s from my website when the user needs them for the language reader. Very doable. The catch: It will take me 34 hours of non stop uploading to the VPS to get all the files copied.

So there it is, tomorrow, after I play music with my band, I'll finish the transfer and then remove all the audio files off of my Hostinger website system. Since I might do some more translations later on, I'll have room to spare.

Pierre


No comments:

Post a Comment