Thursday, May 5, 2011

Index on Native Client and Qt on Windows

I have the index appearing in Windows now, probably works on Apples too.

www.virtualurantia.com/nacl/FullBookIndex.html

 and

www.virtualurantia.com/nacl/BookIndex.html


Seems that two flags have to be set to run these programs on any currently supported platforms. First, type into the Chrome address bar 'about:flags', scroll down to Native Client and enable it. Then type in 'about:plugins' and scroll down and enable NACL plugin and then it works everywhere on X86 based machines. Of course, I still have the problem of freezing up on Native Client but I am confident that the Qt guys will get to the bottom of this instability. It's enough to know that I've come this far. It's really exciting.


I can't wait till I have restricted file access(there's no way I would want anyone from a browser to have access to the local file system), P2P (peer to peer networking) and OpenGL ES 2 (3d capability). It'll really be the best year I've had in the computer business. The year I could both release my automation system and begin Internet work on the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment